Monday, December 17, 2012

Boro Mending Converse All Stars


Recent work on fused plastic shoes started me thinking about shoes in general and how to mend/repair/alter them. Recent work on the Japanese tradition of boro mending and sashiko stitching seemed like a logical experiment. So here you have it: boro mending on my old brown linen Converse All Stars.

As with many favorite old shoes, once these got tattered they ended up in the dead shoe pile at the back of my closet.

Worn, torn, resurrected from the dead shoe pile.

For more how-to tips and background about the sashiko stitching and boro mending used for this repair job, see the original Uber-Boro post. Note that some of the green linen used to boro-mend my traveling vest has been used here, making for a head-turning fashion statement when I strut down the street decked out in vest and All Stars.






Go Boro some shoes of your own and I'll see you on the mean streets.

1 comment:

  1. Ha! Love the shoes and have had great fun visiting your creative blog!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails